Home of outstanding Charcoal, Silver and Brown spotted Bengals
This agreement is between CJ Epperson (seller/breeder) of Kharistan Cattery and
___________________________ (buyer). Effective as of the date of signatures below and is binding upon all
parties thereof. Buyer and seller agree to the below described cat/kitten and all the following terms.
Sire:____________________________ Dam:_____________________________ Date:______
Sex:_______________ D.O.B._____________ Color:_________________________________
Sale price:_________ Deposit:__________ Balance due:________________ S/N:________
Check___ Money Order___ Facebook___ Paypal___ Micro chip - $60______________
First and foremost, I will be co-owner with kittens I produce. They will be registered with the new buyers name
and my name. They cannot be resold or given away without my permission. If you feel you cannot keep the
Bengal any more, it needs to be returned to me. No money refunded.
1. A deposit is required to reserve your kitten/cat. Should you change your mind, you have 3 business days from
the date the deposit is received to cancel and receive your deposit back. After that, there will be no refunds of
any kind. A deposit of $300 is required to hold your Bengal. Once you have paid for and taken your kitten home,
there will be NO refunds.
2. It is the buyer's responsibility to have this kitten/cat examined by a veterinarian within 3 business days after
taking the animal home. If you have other pets, you must keep this animal separated from them for a period of
two weeks. This is a requirement for the health guarantee. If the pet has been found to have an untreatable or life
threatening disease that the vet feels was contacted at the seller's house, I will refund the purchase price only once
the pet is sent back to me. You will not be refunded any vet costs or shipping costs. You must have documented
proof that this type of illness does exist. My vet will want to discuss this with yours.
3. I have a GENETIC health guarantee until this cat reaches 1 year old. Upon proof that this animal does have a
genetic life threatening health problem, the animal must be immediately spayed or neutered (if sold as a breeder).
I will replace the animal with one of equal value when one becomes available. You would be responsible for the
cost of shipping the replacement. FIP is not included in this guarantee.
4. At no time will I be responsible for any vet bills you may incur with any of my Bengals.
5. By signing this agreement you acknowledge and give permission for my vet to talk with yours should a
6. Kharistan Cattery is against declawing. With proper training and nail trimming, a Bengal will not scratch you
or your furniture. If you go against this advice, you may experience behavior problems such as inappropriate
urination and biting.
7. Should you decide you cannot care for this Bengal any longer, you MUST contact me.
I will help you rehome the Bengal. These cats must never be placed in a pet store, sanctuary, laboratory, or
animal shelter. If you cannot get a hold of me (should never happen) contact the Great Lakes Bengal Cat Rescue.
They will be able to get a hold of me.
8. All cats/kittens are sold with the age appropriate vaccines, a dose of Revolution or Advantage Plus,
dewormed and TICA registration paper.
9. If you want the pet micro chipped, there is a $60 charge. I encourage everyone to have their pets micro
10. These are NOT outside cats. They must always be in an enclosure or in a harness and leash if outdoors. No
exceptions. A barn is not considered indoors.
11. My cats eat a combination of raw, canned and dried food. Dried food is mainly just a snack, never the main
meal. If you don't like raw, please feed them canned. Bengals require a lot of water, which canned food has.
12. All kittens sold as pets must be neutered by 6 months old.
The seller reserves the right to use all photos of this cat/kitten in any advertising, including Kharistan Cattery's
web site and facebook pages. The buyer must use the cat's full registered name on their web site, facebook or any
other advertising media. This does include the Kharistan name. Initial______
If the buyer or seller commences any legal action as a result of this contract, the buyer agrees that all action will
take place in Madison County in the state of Indiana. Any legal fees in upholding this contract will be paid by the
buyer. This is a legally binding contract between the seller and the buyer signed below. It is not transferable to a
3rd party. The health guarantee will become void. The spay/neuter agreement is still applicable. Any breach of
this contract will result in a $1500 fine and will be enforced.
By signing below, the buyer understands and agrees to all conditions in this contract.
Print name_________________________ Buyer Signature___________________________
Phone_______________________ Email________________________ Date______________
Buyer's Vet_______________________________ Phone_______________
2121 Dena Drive
Anderson, Indiana 46017
Home Phone - 765-378-9001
Cell Phone - 765-425-4104
Comments: I cannot stress this enough - do your homework. Know what the Bengal personality is like. If you
want a lap cat or a quieter cat, get a different breed!
Please call me with any concerns. I am here to help you or guide you to someone who can if I am not able. I care
about this kitten/cat and the family that buys him/her.
Once you put down a deposit, if something should happen to the kitten before you receive it, I will send your
deposit back. The deposit is part of the price of the kitten. Example: If the kitten is priced at $1500. and you put
down a $300 deposit, your balance will be $1200.