Home of outstanding Charcoal, Silver and Brown spotted Bengals
This agreement is between CJ Epperson (seller/breeder) of Kharistan Cattery and
___________________________ (buyer). Effective as of the date of signatures below and is binding
upon all parties thereof. Buyer and seller agree to the below described cat/kitten and all the
Sire:____________________________ Dam:_____________________________ Date:______
Sex:_______________ D.O.B._____________ Color:_________________________________
Sale price:_________ Deposit:__________ Balance due:________________ S/N:________
Check___ Money Order___ Facebook___ Paypal___ Micro chip - $60______________
1. A deposit is required to reserve your kitten/cat. Should you change your mind, you have 3
business days from the date the deposit is received to cancel and receive your deposit back. After
that, there will be no refunds of any kind. A deposit of $300 is required to hold your Bengal. Once
you have paid for and taken your kitten home, there will be NO refunds.
2. It is the buyer's responsibility to have this kitten/cat examined by a veterinarian within 3 business
days after taking the animal home. If you have other pets, you must keep this animal separated from
them for a period of two weeks. This is a requirement for the health guarantee. If the pet has been
found to have an untreatable or life threatening disease that the vet feels was contacted at the seller's
house, I will refund the purchase price only once the pet is sent back to me. You will not be
refunded any vet costs or shipping costs. You must have documented proof that this type of illness
does exist. My vet will want to discuss this with yours.
3. I have a GENETIC health guarantee until this cat reaches 1 year old. Upon proof that this animal
does have a genetic life threatening health problem, the animal must be immediately spayed or
neutered (if sold as a breeder). I will replace the animal with one of equal value when one becomes
available. You would be responsible for the cost of shipping the replacement. FIP is not included in
4. At no time will I be responsible for any vet bills you may incur with any of my Bengals.
5. By signing this agreement you acknowledge and give permission for my vet to talk with yours
should a problem occur.
6. Kharistan Cattery is against declawing. With proper training and nail trimming, a Bengal will not
scratch you or your furniture. If you go against this advice, you may experience behavior problems
such as inappropriate urination and biting.
7. Should you decide you cannot care for this Bengal any longer, you MUST contact me.
I will help you rehome the Bengal. These cats must never be placed in a pet store, sanctuary,
laboratory, or animal shelter. If you cannot get a hold of me (should never happen) contact the Great
Lakes Bengal Cat Rescue. They will be able to get a hold of me.
8. All cats/kittens are sold with the age appropriate vaccines, a dose of Revolution or Advantage
Plus, dewormed and TICA registration paper.
9. If you want the pet micro chipped, there is a $60 charge. I encourage everyone to have their pets
10. These are NOT outside cats. They must always be in an enclosure or in a harness and leash if
outdoors. No exceptions. A barn is not considered indoors.
11. My cats eat a combination of raw, canned and dried food. Dried food is mainly just a snack,
never the main meal. If you don't like raw, please feed them canned. Bengals require a lot of water,
which canned food has.
12. All kittens sold as pets must be neutered by 6 months old.
The seller reserves the right to use all photos of this cat/kitten in any advertising, including
Kharistan Cattery's web site and facebook pages. The buyer must use the cat's full registered name
on their web site, facebook or any other advertising media. This does include the Kharistan name.
If the buyer or seller commences any legal action as a result of this contract, the buyer agrees that all
action will take place in Madison County in the state of Indiana. Any legal fees in upholding this
contract will be paid by the buyer. This is a legally binding contract between the seller and the buyer
signed below. It is not transferable to a 3rd party. The health guarantee will become void. The
spay/neuter agreement is still applicable. Any breach of this contract will result in a $1500 fine and
will be enforced.
By signing below, the buyer understands and agrees to all conditions in this contract.
Print name_________________________ Buyer Signature___________________________
Phone_______________________ Email________________________ Date______________
Buyer's Vet_______________________________ Phone_______________
2121 Dena Drive
Anderson, Indiana 46017
Home Phone - 765-378-9001
Cell Phone - 765-425-4104
Comments: I cannot stress this enough - do your homework. Know what the Bengal personality is
like. If you want a lap cat or a quieter cat, get a different breed!
Please call me with any concerns. I am here to help you or guide you to someone who can if I am not
able. I care about this kitten/cat and the family that buys him/her.
Once you put down a deposit, if something should happen to the kitten before you receive it, I will
send your deposit back. The deposit is part of the price of the kitten. Example: If the kitten is priced
at $1500. and you put down a $300 deposit, your balance will be $1200.